Saturday, October 3, 2009

A good excuse! I swear!

The new post below, the one on auditioning, is something I wrote almost a month ago. Since then, I've been absent from the blogosphere, for which I apologize. I'd much rather be here than ... liiiike ... learning and stuff. But academia is, for once, not the only reason for my silence.

Some may remember that my first-ever Snark post dealt with my stirring experience as a Valued Employee at a supermarket, the summer before I began this kollidge thing. For whatever reason, the supermarket theme never really took its leave of me, and about a year later I began evolving the book, lyrics, and music for AISLE SIX (your one-stop supermusical).

Fast-forward to now: this fall, AISLE SIX will receive its first readings at the Players' Club in NYC, featuring myself and other actors as yet to be cast. Naturally, this has had to take daily priority along with the usual academic hoo-ha, hence the Snarklessness of late. The first reading takes place in a few weeks, and will function as sort of a test-run, to work out the kinks in front of a small audience. The real-deal reading will take place in December -- more about that once I know more.

So, in the meantime, while I'll do my gol-dangedest to keep posting this fall, I may be guilty of more long lapses. In the meantime, my apologies for the blog famine. And clean-up in Aisle Six!

Nicola

1 comment:

Joseph said...

"The first reading takes place ... in front of a small audience."

Let's hope they're not sitting behind a table.